Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's Trip



I love traveling and have needed it with this crazy winter. I always bug Mike to plan a weekend get-away and also share my big trip ideas, but never does Mike take me seriously. When he suggested we go to Henderson for Valentine's and over the 3-day weekend I was so excited.

We had a blast with both our families. our two big highlights of the weekend were 1.My little brother, Dane, taught us how to use his Rip-Stick and Mike mastered it after spending most of Saturday cruising around the patio and cul-de-sac. Finaly Sunday I was getting the hang of it and it's now at the top of our list of toys we want. 2. We spent al Monday morning at the park with boh our families. Little Mason and Brady cruised around on their bikes, so cute! We played on the playground, more Rip-Stick action, jumbo frizbees, picnic and watched Mason walk in circles learning how to walk my parents' do K8. (ha,ha, like k-9 but said Kate, my dad has a great sence of humor!)

I was sad to leave our family and the warm weather, and a little frustrated considering we left our car behind. It's getting a little work done.

8 comments:

Bianca said...

you look like a pro on that thing! let's hang out soooooooon!

ty and ash sorensen said...

sounds like you guys had fun!! im glad you are back.!

ty and ash sorensen said...

sounds like you guys had fun!! im glad you are back.!

ty and ash sorensen said...

sounds like you guys had fun!! im glad you are back.!

bkjones said...

how fun! I am jealous..shorts and no jacket. Now that is what I am talking about. Glad your back but whats with the car? Hopefully you are not reliving our last Feb trip to the Vegas Market..remember??

Brandon and Lindsay said...

sounds fun! It's always nice to have short get away!

Dani said...

Hey it's your long lost AZ friends!! I know, I am the worst about calling but 99percent of the time I don't know where the crap my phone is( i know, no excuse!) We miss you guys! Looks like your doing well now that your out of the dreary snow--it's perfect here!! You guys need to come down and go to the cabin or whatever, we can go wherever but I think it would be so fun to take a trip. I haven't been out much, just playing with our little Bloby girl! I love your blog!

Sheila said...

How fun, I can't wait to bust out my shorts...we're getting close!! You and Mike are so cute, I miss weekend gettaways!