Thursday, August 5, 2010

She's 1!

I'm posting this so very late- 1 month late exactly. I'm a bit of a horrible birthday planner (I wasn't too fond of birthdays growing up for several reasons, so I'm a little awkward and unsure about making one a big deal) but what do you do when the birthday girl doesn't know what's going on and you don't want to impose on others? June Bug, I promise next year I'll plan a little better and I'll make sure that I take pictures including everyone else that was there, not just you eating cake. A big THANK YOU to everyone that made the big 1 special!!!

CELEBRATING WITH MY FAMILY- On June's actual birthday, we were in St. George with all of my family for our first family trip together in forever, maybe even since my Grandma Selch's funeral at least 6 years ago. Can't think on another time where we were all on a trip where the destination wasn't one of our homes.- Unimportant factoid, I know. Here's to family trips and to June! Hip Hip Hurray!

CELEBRATING WITH FRIENDS- Jess hosted everyone at her house for cake and fun, which of course meant a princess party!!!

CELEBRATING WITH MIKE'S FAMILY- We celebrate birthdays with the Sorensens at a Sunday dinner. Joyce makes the birthday person's favorite meal and if you're lucky, she's make a fancy cake. Being June's first actual celebration, she wasn't sure what to do with the cake. We plopped it in front of her and it took her forever to even poke at it. Considering June had no idea what was going on at Christmas, presents were a relatively new idea, too. The whole unwrapping part seemed a little pointless as she was so uninterested and couldn't forget about the previous present, but once she could see what was in there she was in heaven.


No comments: