Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Getting some new hobbies.

We're starting to collect hobbies- Well, at least the gear for things, we'll see how successful we are with time. Some of our hobbies tend to die fast. After Mike gets his bike I'll have to make a post for that, this post is about MY NEW SEWING MACHINE, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took some convincing for Mike to understand why I would need to spend a lot of money for machine when it's cheaper and cooler to buy clothing. He's got a point so I did compromised with the price, but still I wanted one even if my attempts to make clothing are complete failures. There's still plenty of things I want to make that aren't clothing.

I ordered this machine this morning but it turned out that a shipment came in so I was pretty thrilled to get it early. I figured out the machine and whipped up my first project (a case for our hot dog roasters, nothing requiring any skill to make) all while Mike was playing ball. I wanted to be able to say, "hey, look at what an amazing thing I can make and so quick." Then maybe it would seem more practical to have.

6 comments:

Ty and Ash Sorensen said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you got your sewing machine:) I'm excited to see all the fun things you make.. Maybe we could make the boys some new pj's hahaha... I'm pretty jealous of the new bikes too.

LemonDrop Creative | Ashley said...

Ooh! Maybe we can do something together. I wanted to make skirts this summer, but as of yet I haven't even looked at patterns. :)

NelsonFam said...

that is awesome. I want to come check it out soon.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Cool! I need to learn how to sew so bad--you wanna give me lessons? =) It's embarrassing how bad I suck!

bkjones said...

I too am thrilled that you convinced Mike about the sewing machine wait til we get together and have sewing nights and he sees our amazing projects! I needed a sewing buddy!

Sheila said...

Nice! I use my sewing machine when I absolutely have to...like right now, I have a pile of clothes needing to be mended (due to Jeff's great sliding skills in baseball) and our sheets that need to be mended, anyways, I'd rather just bring them to your house. I'm not a very good sewer, it doesn't come easy for me, BUT every time I actually DO sit down and down it, it's a very amazing feeling of accomplishment huh? VERY good investment, Mike will see eventually!