Friday, March 14, 2008

A little wall art

Ever since we've painted and decorate, I've been planning to make a painting to go above our bed. Last weekend Mike got tired of waiting to fill up the bare space, so he decided we'd start a new one. Mike had a great idea of different colored solid panels, but we didn't really like what we did so we found a painting we liked online and I made a copy-cat version.
It turned out pretty OK for one weekend of painting, but every time I look at it I want to fix it. It complete changed the color scheme of our accent colors and the mood of our room. I still want to finish my other painting so I have the option to keep the old colors. But what ever gets me to paint, I can't complain. I'm not making the big bucks to show for my degree, but I guess in this way I can use my degree for the rest of my life.

4 comments:

bkjones said...

Oh I like it! I actually like that you added red to it instead of the blue one for you room. It gives you a cute accent color! You are so talented want to come to my house?

Dani said...

I love that painting! It looks really good in your room-I wish I had your skills! It's perfect cause it's not too flowery, totally chabby chic-love it

NelsonFam said...

That is awesome! Will you help me with the bare spot in our living room next?

Sheila said...

I love this painting and have decided that in my next life I'm going for the interior design talents since I totally lack in all artsie categories. I love the panel look and love the colors...very nice!