Friday, December 21, 2007

Getting a little work done.

So, many of you may not be so familiar with my huge insecurity over a little non-mole bump by my eye. It wasn't too noticeable, but it was all I would see when looking at close-up pictures of myself and I was always conscious of it when meeting new people and my favorite thing was the innocent honesty of little children pointed and asking what it was, just a bump. The biggest thing and maybe the most shallow part, I didn't want to be some day known as the old lady with a bump on her face. (Here's a pic where my bump stands out majorly)
Finding out how affordable it could be, I looked into and made an appointment. I was pretty nervous once I was in the doctors office and had tons of questions but the doc was pretty quit and laid back- this was probably the easiest thing he's ever done. Dressed in a collared shirt, tie and slacks, the only thing he wore was rubber gloves. I was so surprised at how easy the whole thing was. I didn't feel a single thing, not even the needle to numb me. 5 min after the first little cut I was sewn up and done. Wow, who knew.

The following 2 weeks I had to keep sterile strips on it and I got some fun and obvious stairs, I'm glad I never got those when it was just a bump.

It's healing pretty well. It's still red and hopefully won't have much of a scar after another month or two. It's been exactly a month today since I had it done.
It's been nice to know people weren't really aware of it there, but I still feel better. I have to remind myself it's not there and to have a little more confidence. It's funny the things we care so much about.



No comments: