Saturday, December 1, 2007

WE'RE HOME!

After 6 months at the in-laws and some changes in plans, we are finally in our first home (condo). It's been so fun getting settled in and it's nice to finally have a place to settle down and really make it home.

We got the keys to our new condo November 9th and spent that first weekend painting EVERYTHNG. We had so much help from Mike's mom and brother (THANK YO SO MUCH!) The following weekend we got all our things moved in, but realized how much we didn't have, and how much we wanted to add. Our tacky hand-me-down furniture wouldn't work and we were getting sick of only having a love sack,a step stool and camping chairs to sit on. Thanks to Ikea and black friday, we found the perfect things to fit our style and make our comfortable! Mike's been great about getting everything up on the walls and set up while I keep coming up with little projects. We're not done yet, but almost.
We had friends over last night and I loved it. We finally have the space to have friends over and a place I'm happy to share with others. I know we've been really blessed to find this place and how everything has turned out.

3 comments:

Meghan Ence said...

Hey Mike it's Mitch. Condo looks good man. Let's stay in better contact with each other. Take care. Tschuss!

Sheila said...

SO CUTE!! I love your new place...it's so stylish! It totally "fits" you Dyami, and my fav. part is your artwork by the table...perfect!

Dane, Delyse, and Hazel Lynn said...

I love it! You'll have to do the decorating in our house one day! It is just so cute and fun! I'm coveting! much love.