Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Little Black Dress


I'm loving being done with school, I have so much more time for new little projects. I'm especially proud of this one. Whenever I go shopping, always think things would be a little cuter if this or that was different. So I took care of the if and made my own dress.
Not knowing how my first attempt at a dress would turn out, I didn't want to spend too much. So I found a cute pattern for $3 and bought a twin fitted sheet for $2.50 (which took care of the elastic on the sleeves!!) then spent last Sunday on what ended up being a surprisingly successful piece of clothing.


7 comments:

Kate said...

Wow- that's pretty cute. I'm super impressed- didn't know you were such a seamstress. And the use of the elastic for the sleeves was genius!

Flake Family said...

Wow woman... I'm impressed! It looks really cute! Maybe you should make me some clothes!

bkjones said...

Love It!! Can't wait for you to help me make one!! You are always so creative!

NelsonFam said...

Wow - I would have never guessed it was once a bed sheet. You really are creative. It looks great.

Sheila said...

Ok, I'm so impressed...all this creativity packed into one little person! SO CUTE!

Collette said...

Ok, so you don't know me from anywhere. I am a fried of Ashley Stolworthy and I was just browsing blogs...I hope you're not creeped out.
Anyway...did you really use a sheet to make that super cute dress? I would like more info on how you came up with that idea, and completed it! I am super impressed.

Collette Lake

Shelley said...

Cute dress Dyami!! Well, Your Mom emailed out Delyse's blog and I'm so happy. From hers, I got yours! I have been wondering for a long time what you have been up too. I love your art and know you will be very successful. Check out our blog and see my little boy who is almost 1!! Crazy! I've missed you friend and hope we can keep in better contact.