Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy Holidays!

Does this count as a Christmas card?  Why not?  I have no plans to take any official family pictures or to send out any card, so this will have to do.

I'm really excited for Christmas this year.  June knows that baby Jesus is the little ceramic baby in the nativity, but other than that  I don't think she cares about Santa or why we have a tree with lights and ornaments (on the top half).  And little does she know, all those wrapped up boxes she's used to stand on to reach the ornaments actually have toys hidden inside.  Despite her limited understanding of the festivities,  I'm excited to starts some traditions and to remember how special Christmas is for a little kid- making it more special to me.

We have seen some lights at a few places and June just stares, points, smiles and says "wow!"  June helped me put up all the decorations and even some lights our on the balcony.   The one big thing left to do is see Santa.  We haven't done that yet and I'm not sure what she'll think.  I guess next year will probably be even more fun when we can play out the nativity, write letters to Santa and make everything more meaningful.

I hope you all have a beautiful Christmas Day, full of love and joy.

No comments: